Friday, March 27, 2009

Bungee Jumping!

216 meters above the ground, 110-meter jump, a five second free fall, and one of the most incredible moments I have ever experienced! Adrenaline was pumping through everyone as we were dancing on the bridge, and then they called my number J41. After hours of waiting around, it was finally my turn to jump. Excitement, fear, and anticipation coursed through my veins. I sat anxiously as they tied up my feet, putting all my faith into their complex knots and big elastic cord. They pulled me to the edge, and with my toes hanging over the edge; I looked down at the beautiful scenery below. It was scary to think that I was about to jump down there, bit it was too late for any second-guessing. They started the countdown, and before I knew it, I was free falling. I will never forget the feeling of simply falling with nothing around to stop me, and also having complete trust that I won’t go crashing to the ground. All sound disappeared and the only thing I could hear was the wind passing my ears. Ironically it was such a peaceful moment, and it was a whole new way to take in God’s creation; diving into such a beautiful valley with green trees everywhere and a little creek trickling at the bottom. I was in awe; it was most definitely an experience of a lifetime. I was amazed that not one student on our site passed up this opportunity. I just did the world’s bungee jump, no big deal.

Rylie





No comments: