Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Jeffery's Bay!

Jeffery’s bay had to be one of my favourite places we’ve been so far. One of the activities he had the choice of doing was horseback riding on the beach! It has always been my dream to gallop along the ocean and to have done it in South Africa along the Indian ocean was unbelievable. Once we made it to the sand dunes everyone was beginning to spread apart. The horses had done this so many times that all we had to do was sit there and relax. We could gallop up the sand dunes, stop at the top and enjoy the panoramic view. MY favourite part had to have been when we saw the ocean and could gallop along the edge towards Jeffery’s bay. It was just you, your horse, the waves, and the salty sea breeze. The waves would splash up beneath your horse and your runners would become wet with the mixture of sand and water. This experience was everything I could have asked for and during the entire time I couldn’t believe that I was living my dream.

Kirsten





No comments: