Thursday, February 26, 2009

Paragliding

“When I say run, run as fast as you can! Don’t stop until we’re in the air, and even the keep running!”
That was the speech I got just moments before taking flight into the most amazing experience of my life. Who ever thought the feeling of weightlessness and wind blowing in your face could be so fun. That’s probably the closest I’ll ever get to soaring on wings like eagles, and man was the birds eye view spectacular. Taking in Gods creation from so high in the sky in a parachute is probably the best experience one could ever have. To my left was Table Mountain in its amazingness, below me lay Cape Town and straight ahead and to my right the Pacific Ocean stretches on for miles. I was so in awe of my surroundings that I almost forgot to take pictures! It wasn’t until my pilot reminded me my camera was in my hand, that I started taking pictures and even then I was sure I was going to drop it and most definitely wouldn’t have survived the fall.
After a way to fast 10 minutes we began our twirling descent which was by far the most fun. The pressure compresses you and you twirl and twirl down towards the ocean and then swing back over the ground for landing. Before you know it your feet touch solid ground marking the end of your flying adventure.

Kelsey Marchard

No comments: