Thursday, February 26, 2009

Table Mountain

We had an opportunity to hike up Table Mountain during our adventure week in Cape Town. I had been really excited for this since I had heard it would be happening. I love pushing my limits physically. But I soon found out what type of shape I was in…I swear it was about a billion degrees, and there was no wind. But it was pretty amazing because every time I felt I could go on any longer the path would flatten out, I would find a bit of shade, or more commonly one of the people on their way down would push me on. At least four to five times random strangers on their descend would say “don’t stop now” “your nearly there” “you can make it brother.” It was a pretty incredible experience. Oh, and the view from the top is breathtaking.

Ricky

No comments: